Macro - assistance required

SesyB

Hi,

I need a macro equate a cell to another cell for only 7 days, etc.

So, every week, as i manually input the value in one cell, it automatically equates to the other cell as this is done on a weekly basis over a 52 week period.

I hope the above makes sense.

All help and advice will be much welcome.

Kind regards,

SesyB

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.

Darren Bartrup

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi SesyB & welcome to the board.

I'd say it doesn't make sense. The question sounds like it should be easy, but I'm not sure what you mean by 'equate'.

So you put a value in a cell and it 'equates' to another cell.
So if I put the value 'A' in a cell what does it equate to in the other cell, or if I put a date in, or a number?

I'm guessing you put the week commencing date in a cell and somewhere else it will fill in the other dates within the week?

SesyB

Hi Darren,

Thanks for your response.

Basically, I monitor a number of performance indicators, and I put in the numbers for 3 different shifts, e.g A shift, B Shift, and C shift.

I plot the average figures on a weekly basis, but I am now also plotting each shifts data for the 52 week as well as the average of the 3 shifts.

Now, the macro is needed just to display thee figure that is being plotted.

So the display cell {CONSTANT} {e.g D17} will be euqals to {week 39}, and then next week it will be equals to {week 40}, i.e.: whatever the figure in week is, and then for the week after, it'll be equals to week 41 etc.

I can send you the spreadsheet if you want, and hopefully that'll make more sense.

Kind regards,

Ade

Darren Bartrup

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Yep, send me the spreadsheet - I've mailed you my email address and will update this thread when I've figured it out.

SesyB

Thanks Darren, please update when you get the chance to have a look.

Many thanks,

SesyB

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EERS

This Week's Hot Topics