Macro Buttons seem to start resizing themselves

ijourneaux

I have several buttons on on work sheet. At some point, they decide to start resizing themselves. AN internet search seems to indicate this is a common problem.

I am not married to command buttons is there an option for these macros that would avoid the automagically resized buttons.

Ian

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Sounds like you are using ActiveX buttons, if so you could replace them with Forms Control buttons, or shapes.

Upvote 0
is there an option for these macros that would avoid the automagically resized buttons.

do you mean to initiate a macro? there are plenty.
what is the command button for?

you could do any number of things to start a macro. I personally like double clicking cells.
Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)

If Target.Address = "$D$2" Then
   Sheets("WheelPros").Select
   WheelPros.Show
   Sheets("Program Start").Select

End If

end sub

The above code is something where you double click cell D2 on my first sheet and it pops up a userform and then changes the sheet (because D2 is obviously for a specific brand)
you can get very creative with initiating macros automatically or manually.

Upvote 0
You're welcome & thanks for the feedback

Upvote 0
The buttons I am having problems with were Form Control buttons, not ActiveX, so that wasn't the issue. In my websearch on the problem, the problem seems to be initiated by a change in screen resolution.

Upvote 0
I tried using the BeforeDoubleClick approach. That worked but the fact that the hyperlink call (used elsewhere in the workbook) only uses 1-click makes it confusing for users.(i.e. someplace use 1 click, others use 2 clicks).

THat is what I have for now but need to come up with a robust solution for macro buttons on work sheets. I have about 10 buttons.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back