macro - change format in other sheet

en_passant

Hi guys,

I'm trying to change the format of cells and move them to another excel sheet.

The format is this: 19/07/2016 03:22:49 - which is - yy(end of 2019)/mm/yy(beginning of 2019)dd, so yy/mm/yydd.

I'm changing it so it shows as dd/mm/yy and when I run this code - the format changes as I want it to (with the sheet already open):

' Workbooks.Open Filename:="C:\Users\epass\Desktop\800xxx.csv"
Windows("800xxx.csv").Activate
Range("B2:B10").Select
Selection.NumberFormat = "yy/mm/dd hh:mm:ss"

This macro is saved in another sheet. When I then close the sheet and run this:

Workbooks.Open Filename:="C:\Users\epass\Desktop\800xxx.csv"
Windows("800xxx.csv").Activate
Range("B2:B10").Select
Selection.NumberFormat = "yy/mm/dd hh:mm:ss"

It does not change the format. It remains as it is above. The format shows as having been changed but the text in the cell hasn't changed and whatever I do with the format options it won't allow it to change after that code has run.

Regards,
*e_p

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Faceless Judge

This Week's Hot Topics

• Timer in VBA - Stop, Start, Pause and Reset
    [CODE=vba][/CODE] Option Explicit Dim CmdStop As Boolean Dim Paused As Boolean Dim Start Dim TimerValue As Date Dim pausedTime As Date Sub...
  • how to updates multiple rows in muliselect listbox
    Hello everyone. I need help with below code. code is only chaning 1st row in mulitiselect list box. i know issue with code...
  • Delete Row from Table
    I am trying to delete a row from a table using VBA using a named range to find what I need to delete. My Range is finding the right cell. In the...
  • Assigning to a variable
    I have a for each block where I want to assign the value in column 5 of the found row to the variable Serv. [CODE=vba] For Each ws In...
  • Way to verify information
    Hi All, I don't know what to call this formula, and therefore can't search. I have a spreadsheet with information I want to reference...
  • Active Cell Address – Inactive Sheet
    How to use VBA to get the cell address of the active cell in an inactive worksheet and then place that cell address in a location on the current...