Macro - clear context but revert to original text

KrystalG

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
I'm creating a digital purchase order, and I want them all to be in the same workbook. I've created my Original that will remain the template. I've followed other threads and enabled the macro to create a new sheet, as well as change the PO number to a sequential number (+1 from the previous), but when it creates a new sheet, I want to clear the contents of some cells, but have others cleared and go back to the standard info (so that other employees can see exactly what needs to be changed/entered each time.-- ie/ i want all the [square bracket] stuff to say those exact words on the new sheet.) I am NEW NEW NEW to macros, so I don't understand coding at all, I've simply input codes/macro I've found online. -- So when I create a new sheet, it updates my PO number, and clears all contents entered. But I want the [text] of the original to appear again (otherwise some employees may not enter all required info). make sense?

[Date] is G8
[Name] C12
[Address] C13
[City] C14
C15
[Phone] C16
[Vendor Agent Name] B19
[Customer] G19
[Company Employee] F38

Is there also a way to clear the contents of the cells, without removing the formulas? (ie/ sometimes we're not told the unit price over the phone and we have to just enter the total cost at the bottom. This wouldn't then be cleared when we create a new PO, as the "clear contents" macro is for the range of QTY to UNIT PRICE columns, in order to not erase the formulas.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-06 162853.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-01-06 162853.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 16

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
Meaning there are more than one person filling Date, Name, Address City, etc on the same PO?

If that is so, then every time each person key in the data will stay there that you others will know what has not yet been filled. After every required info is filled in, just run macro and it will generate a copy of completed PO on another sheet and then restore the template again.

Anyway, it is just like creating an Excel template ( .xltx ). Fill in PO, then save. Open new template, fill and then save. Why need macro?

Upvote 0
Because I want all the POs in one workbook so I can have a tracking sheet for the year that would have all the PO#s, company it was for, customer name, amount, paid/not paid. If we simply open the template, save as a PO, then close, I would have 100s of Purchase Orders for the year. Instead of opening individual POs when bills are due to be paid, it's quicker for it to be all in one workbook, but with the PO's on different sheets/tabs.

Upvote 0
I see.

It could be like my first suggestion. You can create a database sheet with summaries of all POs with all required info to track/trigger according to timeline. Each person fill in required info and once full run macro to capture detail as summary on database sheet and return PO form sheet to blank again. If you like you can also automatically save a soft copy in a specific folder as archive.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
81jamesacct

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back