Macro enabled word template_Outlook

punnu07

All,

Is it possible to upload macro enabled word template to outlook, so that user can use it. I tried to upload the same however the fields on which some coding was done, are not working but the fields in which normal drop down values were entered, they are working fine.

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
A template, or a document? If it's a template and someone double-clicks on the email attachment, that will probably create a new document and not open the template. The new document thus created probably won't be able to find the macros stored in the template. The template should be detached from the email and saved to a suitable location before use.

Upvote 0
I have a document "Exec & Prof Submission Template.dotm.docx". Please help me so that user can use the validation in outlook itself. Quick Parts->Auto Text

Upvote 0
I think I am not able to explain my problem properly. I have a word document in which I have done some VBA coding in some of the drop-down fields (Developer->Legacy Tool->Legacy Forms->Drop-down Form Field)and some fields have normal drop-down values. I am only able to use those coding when I start enforcement (Restrict Editing). In this mode, I am not able to copy the data from the document to outlook email. When I Stop Protection, then I am able to copy the data from document to outlook email however the fields in which coding was done, are not working but the fields in which I entered the drop-down values through properties->Drop-Down List Properties, they are working fine.

Upvote 0
That is quite normal, and has nothing to do with Outlook. It is normal to not be able to copy any protected content with 'filling in forms' protection - even to another document. If you want to be able to do that kind of thing, you will need to use content controls instead of formfields, as content controls can work without 'filling in forms' protection but formfields cannot. Either way, you will not be able to copy the dropdowns into Outlook; only whatever they currently display.

Upvote 0
If I will use content controls instead of formfields, then i will not be able to apply logics. Any ways thank you for your support.

Upvote 0
Whichever approach you take, you will not be able to copy the actual dropdowns into Outlook; only whatever they currently display.

The alternative is to save your file as a document (not as a template) and attach the document to the Outlook message. Whatever macros you're using in the template may require modification to work with a document instead of a template - but they'll also require modification to work with content controls instead of formfields.

Upvote 0
No Paul, I am able to use the actual drop-downs value into outlook where I haven't done the coding means if i copy the documents field into the email, I am able to select the value from the drop-down into outlook itself.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
81jamesacct

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back