Macro-Enabled Workbook for Multiple Users

Typokween

Is there a way to save macros in an add-in or something so that I can save a macro-enabled workbook to a share drive for people to access and use?

Right now the document I created only works for people who have newer computers. For everyone else I have to sit at their desk and save the doc as a regular excel file then add the macros in manually and save it as macro-enabled. I would really rather not have to do this for 15 people every time there is a change on the form. The document I created is not a shared file, it is a regular workbook that people can save to their desktops and use at their leisure. Can anyone give me any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
Is there a way to save macros in an add-in or something so that I can save a macro-enabled workbook to a share drive for people to access and use?
That is how it should already be working. If you have written a macro-enabled workbook which is stored on a network drive, whenever your users make a new copy of it to their own desktops it should copy everything across. If it is the first time they try to open it they should be prompted to enable macros but otherwise it should be fine.

Are the newer machines running the same version of Excel as the older machines? Have any of the older machines had their Excel security settings changed that might affect the macros?

Upvote 0
That is how it should already be working. If you have written a macro-enabled workbook which is stored on a network drive, whenever your users make a new copy of it to their own desktops it should copy everything across. If it is the first time they try to open it they should be prompted to enable macros but otherwise it should be fine.

Are the newer machines running the same version of Excel as the older machines? Have any of the older machines had their Excel security settings changed that might affect the macros?

Everyone is working with Widnows 7, Excel 2010. All users have their macros enabled and the vba codes do carry over, however when they try to use the macros the checkboxes act as if they are locked and the buttons pop up errors. When I go to the desk and recreate the macro-enabled file, then it works. But I don't want to have to do that everytime there is a change to the workbook. I've also tried just emailing the file, same result. :(

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
richa mishra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back