Macro execution help

Dan Wilson

Office Version
Platform
Windows
Good day. I am running Office 365 (updated) on Windows 10 Home. I have recently been given a Macro that works extremely well although I don't understand all of the coding. Is there a way that I can execute the Macro one line at a time and see the results of that line? Thank you for any help with this.
Dan Wilson...

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying

Joe4

MrExcel MVP, Junior Admin
Office Version
Platform
Windows
It is hard to day, because we don't really know what the macro is doing or what the code looks like.
Note that you can go through a macro one line at a time by stepping into it and using the F8 key.
If you hover over any variables along the way, it will show you the value.

You can also put break points and message boxes in there to stop at certain points, and see what it has done.

Lastly, you can use the Immediate Window.
See: Use the Immediate window (VBA)
and 5 Ways to Use the VBA Immediate Window - Excel Campus

Dan Wilson

Office Version
Platform
Windows
It is hard to day, because we don't really know what the macro is doing or what the code looks like.
Note that you can go through a macro one line at a time by stepping into it and using the F8 key.
If you hover over any variables along the way, it will show you the value.

You can also put break points and message boxes in there to stop at certain points, and see what it has done.

Lastly, you can use the Immediate Window.
See: Use the Immediate window (VBA)
and 5 Ways to Use the VBA Immediate Window - Excel Campus

Good day Joe4. Thank you for responding. That is what I was looking for. I know about stepping into a Macro, but I did not know how to make it advance.
Dan Wilson...

Joe4

MrExcel MVP, Junior Admin
Office Version
Platform
Windows
You are welcome.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member