Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
  3. Mobile
  4. Web
Hi Enthusiasts,

I have one excel cell with 25 ActiveX check boxes. I have manually associated each checkbox in row 3 with a cell (i.e. the Microsoft Word checkbox in row 3 is associated with CF3, the Microsoft Excel checkbox is associated with CG3 etc). I have dozens of rows of Official Record Examples (column C). Is there a way to 1) easily copy down the 25 check boxes to each row of column AA, and 2) automatically link the check boxes to the appropriate cell in their row (i.e. Microsoft Word checkbox for row 4 would should be linked to CF4, and its checkbox for row 5 should be linked to CF5). I can't simply link every checkbox to a certain number of cells away due to having multiple check boxes sharing one cell (and each checkbox needing to link to its own cell). I'm relatively new at this, so any advice would be appreciated! Thanks and have a great day!
1592242019362.png

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
One possibility is the code below.
This will go through each checkbox on the sheet and adjust the linked cell so it looks at the current row.

Try on a copy of your worksheet first - I haven't done much testing, so could fall over.
VBA Code:
Sub Test()
    Dim wrksht As Worksheet
    Dim chk As Object
    Dim rng As Range

Set wrksht = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1")

For Each chk In wrksht.OLEObjects
        If TypeName(wrksht.OLEObjects(chk.Name).Object) = "CheckBox" Then
            Set rng = Range(chk.LinkedCell) 'NB: This will fail if the checkbox doesn't have an address.
            chk.LinkedCell = Cells(chk.TopLeftCell.Row, rng.Column).Address(False, False)
        End If
    Next chk
End Sub

To copy the checkboxes you could select each one while holding Ctrl and then group them (right-click, select Group), you can then copy and paste the group.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back