Macro for importing HTM Report data

uvwaves

trying to do anything other than the basics with Excel. I would like help creating a macro to help me import data tables contained in a report that I receive in
HTML format.
The Report looks like the following. I de-identified the data
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
VRAAPCO1 VER 8.1 VANMANDY ADMINISTRATOR PAGE 1
01201010 CONNECT SUMMARY CPU 046E16
REPORT DATED: JUN 12, 2012 17:53
INFORMATION AS OF: JUN 11, 2012 23:09
EXTRACT FILE(S) USED:
DDName=SVSAM DSN=SYSL.VRA.SVSAM.EXTRACT
DDName=MVSAM DSN=SYSL.VRA.MVSAM.EXTRACT
MASKING CRITERIA: MGROUP=FSCSC OR MGROUP=FSCORE OR MGROUP=FSTECH OR MGROUP=FSBSM OR MGROUP=FSCCS OR MGROUP=FSEMFE OR
MGROUP=@UFSGUAR OR MGROUP=@UFSGUAU OR MGROUP=@UFS32AR OR MGROUP=@UFS32AU OR MGROUP=@ASETSOA OR
MGROUP=#ZCBSAA OR MGROUP=#ZCBSAL OR MGROUP=#ZCBSAU
SORTED BY: Group in ascending order
Userid in ascending order
*---------------------------------- Connect Information ------------------------------*
Group Userid User Name Owner Create Date Special Operations Auditor Revoked ADSP GRPACC UACC Authority
-------- -------- -------------------- -------- ------------ ------- ---------- ------- ------- ---- ------ ------- ---------
#ZCBSAA ABCDEFG CHAMBERS,LAYON D123456 FEB 3, 2011 NONE USE
#ZCBSAA KP12345 Jay, Joe S K123456 MAY 9, 2012 NONE USE
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
VRAAPCO1 VER 8.1 VANGUARD ADMINISTRATOR PAGE 2
*---------------------------------- Connect Information ------------------------------*
Group Userid User Name Owner Create Date Special Operations Auditor Revoked ADSP GRPACC UACC Authority
-------- -------- -------------------- -------- ------------ ------- ---------- ------- ------- ---- ------ ------- ---------
#ZCBSAU KT12345 *TESTING ID K123456 AUG 10, 2011 REVOKED NONE USE
#ZCBSAU KT54321 *TESTING ID K654321 AUG 10, 2011 REVOKED NONE USE
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
VRAAPCO1 VER 8.1 VANGUARD ADMINISTRATOR PAGE 3
@UFSGUAR D123456 GOV, MANDUDE K123456 FEB 2, 2011 REVOKED NONE USE
@UFSGUAR D654321 JOE, HEMAN K654321 AUG 24, 2011 REVOKED NONE USE
There are many mores rows of data than what I am representing here. So the only thing I need is the rows under the column headers
The column group represents a security profile for an application. I am auditing the access to that application. They either start with the '#' symbol or the '@' symbol.
I receive this report once a quarter. This being my first time. I had to manually cut and paste the data tables from the HTML report file into a spreadsheet.

This is what I would like to be able to do in excel using VBA. The report name is the same every time. 'FS.ASET.Users.htm'
1. Would like to create excel spreadsheet with a macro button and master worksheet that already has the headers.

2. That looks in a network directory(will be the same everytime) for this htm file(will be same name every time)
3. Pull only rows that start with # or @. Place them into single worksheet with sorted by 'Group' ascending.
4. A stretch goal would be to have the macro create a different worksheet within the spreadsheet for each profile name, I.e.,@UFSGUAR, #ZCBSAU, and copy only those rows that
start with that profile name into each subsequent worksheet.
I know this is a lot and am hoping for a VBA guru, this would be a breeze. I will certainly study what you send to start learning the language mys

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
The data you provided in the post is not XML. Is the data you provided the actual data or was the XML removed for the post? If the later, I would need the xml to assist you

Upvote 0
The data is shown as I get it. Only it is not xml. the report I receive is a .htm file. I could send you a de-identified version of the file if you send me your email addy. Mine is uvwaves99@hotmail.com. I read on here that I cannot attach a file or I would have.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
VRAAPCO1 VER 8.1 VANMANDY ADMINISTRATOR PAGE 1
EXTRACT FILE(S) USED:
DDName=SVSAM DSN=SYSL.VRA.SVSAM.EXTRACT
DDName=MVSAM DSN=SYSL.VRA.MVSAM.EXTRACT
MASKING CRITERIA: MGROUP=FSCSC OR MGROUP=FSCORE OR MGROUP=FSTECH OR MGROUP=FSBSM OR MGROUP=FSCCS OR MGROUP=FSEMFE OR
MGROUP=@UFSGUAR OR MGROUP=@UFSGUAU OR MGROUP=@UFS32AR OR MGROUP=@UFS32AU OR MGROUP=@ASETSOA OR
MGROUP=#ZCBSAA OR MGROUP=#ZCBSAL OR MGROUP=#ZCBSAU
SORTED BY: Group in ascending order
Userid in ascending order
#ZCBSAA ABCDEFG CHAMBERS,LAYON D123456 FEB 3, 2011 NONE USE
#ZCBSAA KP12345 Jay, Joe S K123456 MAY 9, 2012 NONE USE
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ ___________
VRAAPCO1 VER 8.1 VANGUARD ADMINISTRATOR PAGE 2
#ZCBSAU KT12345 *TESTING ID K123456 AUG 10, 2011 REVOKED NONE USE
#ZCBSAU KT54321 *TESTING ID K654321 AUG 10, 2011 REVOKED NONE USE
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ ___________
VRAAPCO1 VER 8.1 VANGUARD ADMINISTRATOR PAGE 3
@UFSGUAR D123456 GOV, MANDUDE K123456 FEB 2, 2011 REVOKED NONE USE
@UFSGUAR D654321 JOE, HEMAN K654321 AUG 24, 2011 REVOKED NONE USE

Upvote 0
I am trying to determine how the fields are laid out. If I look at the last line of data
"@UFSGUAR D654321 JOE, HEMAN K654321 AUG 24, 2011 REVOKED NONE USE"

are the fields (Columns) laid out as follows

1: @UFSGUAR
2: D654321
3: JOE, HEMAN
4: K654321
5: AUG 24, 2011
6: REVOKED
7: NONE
8: USE

Upvote 0
It would be helpful to have the raw file. Can you post it to GoogleDocs, DropBox or something similar

Upvote 0
Thank you. Google docs is very nice. Never thought to use that. Here is link. The information has been de-identified and all user info is fictional. Also I only left 2 lines of data per page.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ruhulaminappu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back