Macro for moving data

BlueA1pha

Hello All,

Let me start by saying I tried to search the forums for this but I know excel but not all the lingo associated with it. Up until now I just used excel for the basic, now with my new job I am using Vlookups and realize that we can use some macros for the day to day tedious stuff.

I have a report that I have to manipulate every two weeks. The movement of the information is the same but the data in the columns changes based on some reports have more data and some have less, so the column can change from report to report. I was told that I could probably use headers but I am not sure what the code looks like or how to do it.

I have another report that I sort by 3 different filters to create 3 separate reports (Pay Rate, Hire Date, and Termination Date). I filter the report by Pay Rate but from what I can tell the macro recorded the actual amounts for the various rates. I just want it to look at all rates. How do I get it to look at all the rates? The same goes for the other filter option. I need the macro to look at all the information in the filter and not specific rates or dates.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
Hello All,

Let me start by saying I tried to search the forums for this but I know excel but not all the lingo associated with it. Up until now I just used excel for the basic, now with my new job I am using Vlookups and realize that we can use some macros for the day to day tedious stuff.

I have a report that I have to manipulate every two weeks. The movement of the information is the same but the data in the columns changes based on some reports have more data and some have less, so the column can change from report to report. I was told that I could probably use headers but I am not sure what the code looks like or how to do it.

I have another report that I sort by 3 different filters to create 3 separate reports (Pay Rate, Hire Date, and Termination Date). I filter the report by Pay Rate but from what I can tell the macro recorded the actual amounts for the various rates. I just want it to look at all rates. How do I get it to look at all the rates? The same goes for the other filter option. I need the macro to look at all the information in the filter and not specific rates or dates.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Hello and welcome!

I would suggest drawing two tables here on the post with the available tools and show us a "what you currently have" and a "what you would like to have" and we can go from there

visuals win over everything!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpierce

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back