Macro for moving data

BlueA1pha

Hello All,

Let me start by saying I tried to search the forums for this but I know excel but not all the lingo associated with it. Up until now I just used excel for the basic, now with my new job I am using Vlookups and realize that we can use some macros for the day to day tedious stuff.

I have a report that I have to manipulate every two weeks. The movement of the information is the same but the data in the columns changes based on some reports have more data and some have less, so the column can change from report to report. I was told that I could probably use headers but I am not sure what the code looks like or how to do it.

I have another report that I sort by 3 different filters to create 3 separate reports (Pay Rate, Hire Date, and Termination Date). I filter the report by Pay Rate but from what I can tell the macro recorded the actual amounts for the various rates. I just want it to look at all rates. How do I get it to look at all the rates? The same goes for the other filter option. I need the macro to look at all the information in the filter and not specific rates or dates.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Nine Zero

Hello All,

Let me start by saying I tried to search the forums for this but I know excel but not all the lingo associated with it. Up until now I just used excel for the basic, now with my new job I am using Vlookups and realize that we can use some macros for the day to day tedious stuff.

I have a report that I have to manipulate every two weeks. The movement of the information is the same but the data in the columns changes based on some reports have more data and some have less, so the column can change from report to report. I was told that I could probably use headers but I am not sure what the code looks like or how to do it.

I have another report that I sort by 3 different filters to create 3 separate reports (Pay Rate, Hire Date, and Termination Date). I filter the report by Pay Rate but from what I can tell the macro recorded the actual amounts for the various rates. I just want it to look at all rates. How do I get it to look at all the rates? The same goes for the other filter option. I need the macro to look at all the information in the filter and not specific rates or dates.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Hello and welcome!

I would suggest drawing two tables here on the post with the available tools and show us a "what you currently have" and a "what you would like to have" and we can go from there

visuals win over everything!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
formulasataglance

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• populate from drop list with multiple tables
    Hi All, i have a drop list that displays data, what i want is when i select one of those from the list to populate text from different tables on...
  • Find list of words from sheet2 in sheet1 before a comma and extract text vba
    Hi Friends, Trying to find the solution on my task. But did not find suitable one to the need. Here is my query and sample file with details...
  • Dynamic Formula entry - VBA code sought
    Hello, really hope one of you experts can help with this - i've spent hours on this and getting no-where. .I have a set of data (more rows than...
  • Listbox Header
    Have a named range called "AccidentsHeader" Within my code I have: [CODE]Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ListBox1.RowSource =...
  • Complex Heat Map using conditional formatting
    Good day excel world. I have a concern. Below link have a list of countries that carries each country unique data. [URL...
  • Conditional formatting
    Hi good morning, hope you can help me please, I have cells P4:P54 and if this cell is equal to 1 then i want row O to say "Fully Utilised" and to...