Macro for Retrieving Data from Folder HELP

jivins1215

I am in charge of compiling data for my work into a report every month. There are 5 different data sets that go into the report. So every month, 5 excel worksheets with new data are put into a folder, to add to my report. I have a master worksheet that compiles data for them all. For each of the 5 sets, on my master worksheet, I have 1 raw data tab that I copy/paste from data reports I receive. This raw data is funneled into it's corresponding pivot table tab. So I have 2 tabs for each of the 5 data sets/categories: 1 being a running raw data sheet (almost 1000 cells long now) that I just paste the new data at the bottom of, 2 being a tab with pivot tables allowing me to sort through the swaths of raw data. Each of the 5 pivot table tabs then funnel into a comprehensive report page that displays all the graphs and percentages that I need to provide each month (this part won't need to be changed).

My goal is to make a macro that automatically finds the excel file that's dumped into my folder and have it automatically open and copy/paste to the bottom of it's corresponding raw data tab in my master worksheet. I have trouble getting the new reports to paste at the bottom of the long list of data (most macros I've done have needed to paste to an exact cell, not just the bottom of a list). The data on each of the 5 worksheets sent to me start in the same spot on a tab with the same name. But the data goes from C21:J32, so it's arranged in 8 columns and 14 rows.

Another problem I've encountered is getting my macro to have the new 5 worksheets paste their info into their corresponding tab on the master worksheet (I've only been able to get 1 at time to paste correctly).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Hi Jivins,
could you paste the code you created so far (in [ CODE ] brackets please)? That would help massively giving you some feedback.
Koen

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmsotelo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back