Macro help

JasmineL

I need to write a macros that will search my worksheet for blank cells in column A. If the search reveals a blank cell, I want the row containing the the blank cell cut from the existing worksheet and pasted to a new worksheet that I already have creating in my macros...can anyone help?

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
Deleting blank rows is easy:

Columns("A:A").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).EntireRow.Delete

But how do you copy blank rows to a new sheet (and why)?

Upvote 0
Smitty,

Thank you for providing the code for deleteding the rows...this will be helpful.

I must not have provided a clear explanation of what I'm trying to do. I want to search column A for blank cells. If cell A2, for example, is blank, then I want to copy row 2 (which contains data in the other columns) to a new worksheet.

Does this explain things more clearly?

Jasmine

Upvote 0
OK, see if this does what you want:

<font face=Tahoma><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN> foo()<br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> i <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Long</SPAN><br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> LastRow <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> Range<br>    <br>        <SPAN style="color:#00007F">For</SPAN> i = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row <SPAN style="color:#00007F">To</SPAN> 2 <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Step</SPAN> -1<br>            <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Set</SPAN> LastRow = Sheets("Sheet2").Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Offset(1)<br>                <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN> LenB(Cells(i, "A").Value) = 0 <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Then</SPAN><br>                    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">With</SPAN> Cells(i, "A").EntireRow<br>                        .Copy LastRow.Offset(, -1)<br>                        .Delete<br>                    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">With</SPAN><br>                <SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN><br>        <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Next</SPAN> i<br>        <br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN></FONT>

HTH,

Upvote 0
I'm having issues still with the macro...because I'm a dork.

On worksheet "new term" I have three rows with data in all cells. On the fourth row, cell A4 does not have any data (but the rest of the columns within that row do have data). I need to cut row 4 from the "new term" worksheet to another worksheet called "new duplicate term"

I need to repeat this step for the entire file, cutting rows without data in column A from the "new term" worksheet and pasting them into the "new duplicate term" worksheet.

In addition, I have one row with the name Jane Doe that I also need cut from the "new term" worksheet and paste into the "new duplicate term" worksheet.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
denissimo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back