Macro: Hide/Show rows based on cell values

Hearn2

Hello everyone.

I am quite new to this aspect of Excel and I have been surfing for quite some time on Google and on this forum, on the subject.
My problem is that I can't find topic that is of use to me, with my level of knowledge on this field.

My problem, is to me, quite simpel:

I would like to create a Show/Hide macro in Excel, place it in the top of my project-budget document, for users to be able to show/hide all the different posts within the budget that are not being used/has a value of 0. So if, for example, I do not fill out the post: "Translator" with any digits, the sub total and sum of that row will be 0 and it would be hidden by pressing the macro.
Since I use this budget for severel different projects, it has gotten quite big and is not very easy to navigate in and this feature would make my life a lot easier.

I have seen this in another document, but I do not have that or the coding from it.

I use Excel 2011 on Mac.
The first rows the macro should apply to would be: 10-33 and it should be hidden based on the value in H10-H33, which is a formula calculated by manually putting in amount, quantity and price as in any budget. Then it skips to row 33-74, due to a new headline for that given area of the budget.

I am truely greatful for you taking your time to help me.

Kind regards,

Henrik Arnrød

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
Hi

Try this on a copy of your sheet. I understand that the basics of VBA on 2011 are compatable on a MAC but this may not work. Worth gining it a whirle.

Code:
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Dim FX, WSR
Set WSR = Sheets("MyWorkSheetName").Range("H10:H74") ' **** Change to Reflect The Name of Your Sheet & Your Range ****

For Each FX In WSR
        If FX.Value > "" And FX.Value = 0 Then
            FX.EntireRow.Hidden = True
        End If
Next FX

Regards

Kev

Upvote 0
Thank you so much for your reply. Unfortunately it does not quite work as hoped.
I changed the sheet name into Budget and the range from H10 to H29.
So now it looks like:

'HideShowBottom

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Dim FX, WSR
Set WSR = Sheets("Budget").Range("H10:H29")

For Each FX In WSR
If FX.Value > "" And FX.Value = 0 Then
FX.EntireRow.Hidden = True
End If
Next FX

I get the following error, when running the macro.

Compile Error:

Invalid outside procedure

In the code window it marks "False" in the line reading: Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Kind regards,

Henrik Arnrød

Upvote 0
Hi

The Code works fine on a PC, I guess it is not as compatable with a MAC as I had hoped, sorry I can't help further, MAC's are not my bag. If you do not get any further joy from this forum, maybe a forum more MAC orientated.

regards

Kev

Upvote 0
Hey Kev.

Thank you.

Do you reckon it would work if I programmed the macro and the budget on a Windows computer and then afterwards use the file on a mac?

Regards,

Henrik Arnrød

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back