macro in all existing excel

navinaaaaaa

Board Regular
I have many excel files in a folder.

I have written a macro.

I want to paste this macro in each of the excel files, so that i can run the macro from any of the existing excel files.

Kindly suggest how can this be made possible.

Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
No need to put the macro in each file. Simply place it in your Personal.xls file. With Excel open, choose Window>Unhide.Personal.xls. Place the code in it and rehide. Save. If you don't have a Personal.xls, choose Toosl>Macros>Record New Macro. For store in, choose Personal.xls. Select Record, Select End Record. Excel will now create a Personal.xls for you. Any macro in this file will then be available for all open workbooks.
HTH
lenze

Upvote 0
It will be in Excel. Using Personal.xls makes code available to any open workbook.

Upvote 0
navinaaaaaa,

Follow the instructions and crerate the personal.xls., which when created, will load and be available everytime you open XL. Any Macro/Routines you write in it can be run / activated either from Ctrl+key or assigned to a button on a tool bar.

I created one about two months ago and wouldn't be without it now.

ColinKJ

Upvote 0
in excel 2007 click on the office button in the upper left and select Excel Options, click on the Show Developer tab in the ribbon, click ok. Now Developer is a ribbon option, click record macro, click on the drop-down Store macro in and select Personal. This will create the personal.xls workbook.

HTH

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andreguerra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back