Macro is causing workbook to repair frequently - Attempt 3

missing string

Board Regular
Hi all,

This is my 3rd attempt to try and get an issue fixed with one of my workbooks.

These are the errors I'm encountering which happen about 25% of the time I open the workbook:

https://imgur.com/a/UHsmy

Attempt 1:
https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/1019628-workbook-has-repair-about-25-time-i-open.html

A user replied stating that I needed to rebuild the workbook from scratch and not copy any of the text/formulas over. It should be written out manually. I have done this twice. The second time I made two workbooks, one without the macro and one with the macro. The one with the macro began crashing just like my previous workbooks, but the one without the macro was fine, so I know definitively it's the macro that's causing the issue.

Attempt 2:
https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/1029153-macro-causing-workbook-repair-frequently.html

Unfortunately, no one replied to this thread.

I would love to fix this on my own, but this is beyond my knowledge of Excel. I have read that I can't include attachments but I'm happy to send the workbook over to anyone who would be willing to take a look (I don't know if this is against the forum policy - if so, please ignore this request).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
I had hoped you were successful in locating/correcting the issue. So sorry you are still experiencing the same issue/s.

If you are interested in posting your workbook to DROP BOX, or GOOGLE CLOUD, or AMAZON CLOUD or similar ... I'd be happy to give it a review.
Hopefully I can locate the issue ?

Let me know.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Happened to me once. I notice that you have omitted to clear the sort fields in the "Alternative Sheet" section. Check the sort on the ribbon, you'll probably have dozens of sort levels.

Upvote 0
I had hoped you were successful in locating/correcting the issue. So sorry you are still experiencing the same issue/s.

If you are interested in posting your workbook to DROP BOX, or GOOGLE CLOUD, or AMAZON CLOUD or similar ... I'd be happy to give it a review.
Hopefully I can locate the issue ?

Let me know.

Thanks.

Happened to me once. I notice that you have omitted to clear the sort fields in the "Alternative Sheet" section. Check the sort on the ribbon, you'll probably have dozens of sort levels.

Thanks both for the reply - nigelk has hit the nail on the head. I'm pretty sure I can fix this now that I see what the issue is, I'll post a reply/new thread if I run into issues though.

Much appreciated!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheRealJoaquin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back