macro 'message box' versus 'data form'?

beelzebubble

Board Regular
Hi,

I've got an existing macro that performans a number of calculations. At a certain point within the macro, I would like to prompt the user of the macro to enter some numerical information to be inputted into a column of a specified worksheet. Once the data are inputted, the macro would continue executing calculations.

I thought of including a Message Box within the routine which would prompt the user to enter the necessary data, but the problem is that once the Message Box appears, the user must 'click' okay to be able to get to the Worksheet, which basically terminates the macro. Is it possible to create a message box that allows the user to add data to the worksheet and then click something like 'continue'?

Perhaps a Data Form would be more useful in this case, but it would be tricky, as the 'variable names' for which data will be needed to be entered will change from project to project (but will all be in Column A of a specified worksheet).

Any ideas or tips are much appreciated.

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdusw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back