Macro Not Found...

wotonka

Board Regular
I have an existing spreadsheet which has a worksheet (called tmplt) with an area used as a template for other worksheets (tabs 1000, 2000). When in tab 1000 for example, a macro opens the tmplt tab, copies the templat area, and pastes it (along w/ formulas) into the 1000 tab. It works fine. The problem is, when I click on the "tmplt" tab, and click anywhere in the area of that sheet, an error appears "The macro 'Schedule.xls'!AddLine' cannot be found". The error message is correct, there is no macro with the referenced title, but why would just clicking within any area of the tab "tmplt" cause a macro (which happens to not exist) to try to execute? I inherited this spreadsheet, so maybe there is an auto-execute function somewhere??

Thanks for any help you may offer. It is most appreciated !

This is making me nuts.
---I have looked in all the macro code within Modules 1,2,3 (the only module), and nothing seems to call "'Schedule.xls'!AddLine".
--- I don't see a Personal. XLS workbook as viewed from the editor.
--- I doo see projects called "funcres (FUNCRES.XLA)" and "atpvbaen.xls", but both are password protected.

Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks very much.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
The only thing I can tell you is to check for macros in the individual Sheet modules, and ThisWorkbook module and make sure there is no code there. If there is, see if it selects any other sheets, and check them for code.

Other than that, I am out of ideas.

Upvote 0
All of the sheet modules do not have any code in them except...
Sheet 6 has "Option Explicit" Would that have any bearing on this? (Sheet 6 is not used during normal operations).

If that is not relevant, then let me just offer my sincere thanks for your patience and help !!

Upvote 0
No, that shouldn't cause a problem. The "Option Explicit" command just requires you to declare all your variables before you use them.

Upvote 0
Try looking in the Named Ranges.

Insert => Name => Define

See if "'Schedule.xls'!AddLine" appears anywhere.

Upvote 0
Wotonka - can you send out the workbook? If so can you email it to me at: Tracy @ this site

Upvote 0
Datsmart: Thanks for the suggestion, but after searching, I cannot find any instances of this string using Insert > Name > Define

Tracy, I can't send you the workbook due to company policy. That's like telling someone who has thrown you a life buoy that it can't be made from stryene. I am sorry, and appreciate your offer.

Upvote 0
It would just make things easier.

What happens if you disable macros?
Do you even get a prompt to enable macros when you open the workbook? Anything about 4.0 Macros?
How old is the workbook?

Upvote 0
what happens if you rename tmplt?
zoom out on the sheet - do you see anything in areas you thought weren't used?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back