Macro Not Found...

wotonka

Board Regular
I have an existing spreadsheet which has a worksheet (called tmplt) with an area used as a template for other worksheets (tabs 1000, 2000). When in tab 1000 for example, a macro opens the tmplt tab, copies the templat area, and pastes it (along w/ formulas) into the 1000 tab. It works fine. The problem is, when I click on the "tmplt" tab, and click anywhere in the area of that sheet, an error appears "The macro 'Schedule.xls'!AddLine' cannot be found". The error message is correct, there is no macro with the referenced title, but why would just clicking within any area of the tab "tmplt" cause a macro (which happens to not exist) to try to execute? I inherited this spreadsheet, so maybe there is an auto-execute function somewhere??

Thanks for any help you may offer. It is most appreciated !

I don't know if Bill Manville's FindLink add-in will help Wotonka or not, but it is available at http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/MVPPage.asp#Top

Joe Was said:
Years ago one of the first problems I had, which sent me to the original Mr. Excel board One, was:

The same problem, I had played with Linking workbook changed some settings and from then on every time I saved a Workbook when another was open at the same time. Links got set automatically messing every thing up.

You may have some link set without you knowing about it?

Back then I downloaded a link-breaker and changed some settings [I do not remember which?] and deleted files so badly linked they could not be saved and the problem went a way.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
Thank you Joe Was and Tusharm (and everybody who were so generous with their time, and willing to help). This is a wonderful forum !

Tusharm, I will try your code today, and let you know what happens.

Upvote 0
Tushar, I will download this add in. I have another spreadsheet that has links which I need to break. Thanks !!!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcus05

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back