Macro Or Formula To Split Cells

Dazzawm

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Please see table below. I need a formula or macro to split the cells below. Before you say use Text To Columns I have already tried that and it doesn't do it as I need!

</B>

<TABLE style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff; PADDING-LEFT: 2pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 2pt; FONT-FAMILY: Calibri,Arial; FONT-SIZE: 11pt" border=1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 30px"><COL style="WIDTH: 111px"><COL style="WIDTH: 64px"><COL style="WIDTH: 64px"><COL style="WIDTH: 64px"><COL style="WIDTH: 64px"><COL style="WIDTH: 64px"><COL style="WIDTH: 64px"></COLGROUP><TBODY><TR style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt"><TD> </TD><TD>A</TD><TD>B</TD><TD>C</TD><TD>D</TD><TD>E</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>G</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 18px"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">1</TD><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">Before</TD><TD> </TD><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">After</TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 18px"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">2</TD><TD>1.8 02/04-12/06</TD><TD> </TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">1.8</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">02</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">2004</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">12</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">2006</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 18px"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">3</TD><TD>2.2D 09/97-12/10</TD><TD> </TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">2.2D</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">09</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">1997</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">12</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">2010</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 18px"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">4</TD><TD>3.2 01/00-12/00</TD><TD> </TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">3.2</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">01</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">2000</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">12</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">2000</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 18px"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">5</TD><TD>1.6D 04/02-03/06</TD><TD> </TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">1.6D</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">04</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">2002</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">03</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">2006</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 18px"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">6</TD><TD>2.0 06/02-</TD><TD> </TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">2.0</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">06</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">2002</TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 18px"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">7</TD><TD>2.2D 08/91-</TD><TD> </TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">2.2D</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">08</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">1991</TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
Hi,

I would suggest Text to Columns. Wouldn't write a macro for this.
Don't know how representative is your abstract of data given here. But with what you gave us I would do:

1. Text to columns: delimiter "-" and make sure both columns are kept as text
2. on the remaining text that is still together (e.g. from row 2 "1.8 02/04")
I would do tez to columns delimiter " " (space) also make sure that created column is not a date
3. right now you should have first column of output (C) and two dates together. Now just do text to columns on both dates with delimiter "/". Now just make adjustments to year column to make it 4 digits and output should be the same as yours.

If this doesn't work for you write why.

Upvote 0
Its going all over the place! The years end up as Dec-97, Jan-00 etc.. Someone has given me a formula for this before but I just can't find it.

Upvote 0
How can I help you if you don't read carefully? I wrote that you have to make sure that during text to columns you mark all columns as text! you will avoid changing it to date.

It works!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arle8907

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back