Macro Problem

Randytom2525

Hi,
I am using a worksheet in Excel for recording the repairs done to my motor vehicle. Each line is a different repair. I have scanned each bill for the repairs into a seperate folder called "INVOICES". I am trying to create a "MACRO" on each line that will open up the "INVOICE" for the repair.
But I am having trouble as all the books that I read about making "MACRO'S" only show how to abtain information from within "EXCEL" but not from an outside source.
Could anybody please help me with a "MACRO" that will open a "JPG" file from a seperate folder.
only being new to this Macro thing I still cannot make it work. I have included the address of the workbook/sheet and the address of the file that I need to open,

This is the address of the worksheet:- C:\Documents and Settings\Default\My Documents\Business\Spending\944ICN.xls ( cell "C119" ( any cell will do ))

This is the full address of the folder that contains the JPG file to be opened:- C:\Documents and Settings\Default\My Documents\Invoices

AND this is the file that I am trying to open when I click on cell C119:- Invoice No. 28.jpg.

Please let me apologize for being naive and ignorant when it comes to finding my way around this problem and all I can do is plead insanity.

Please help as I am getting tired of bashing my head against a brick wall.

Randytom2525

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
You really don't need to use a macro for this. It's just as easy to hyperlink the .jpeg files. Just go to Insert, Hyperlink and browse your way to the address for each file. You can then add comments in the adjacent cell and keep it simple.

Upvote 0
Thank You Bhunecke,
This is the answer that seems to come to mind and yes I have done this, I was just hoping that it may have been possible to use a Macro, But seems not.
Thanks for your help

Randytoom2525

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rik81h

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back