Macro Question,

steveola

Sorry to be such a noob, but I spent an hour trying to get this to work and no soap. I have ZERO macro/vba experience. I found this on this message board and in theory it is exactly what I need:

http://www.mrexcel.com/archive/VBA/28809.html

I was able to follow the directions to prep the sheet, get the vba editor open, copy/paste the syntax into the editor, run a syntax check, save the sheet, close the workbook /open the workbook, and no dice. The macro is still in there, but isn't executing or isn't functioning as expected in 2003. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

FWIW, I'm intrigued by the idea of a macro, it seems like the tool I could have used dozens of times in my life. Is there a "macro for dummies" resource?

Steve
http://stevejamison.homestead.com

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
Are you sure you have the macro in the correct module? For example, if you want to use it on Sheet1, you should have it in that module. In the VBE, double-click the Sheet1 entry in the project window, and another window should open (you can also just right-click the sheet tab in Excel and select "View Code." It will open the VBE to the correct module for that sheet).

That is where that particular code should go.

Upvote 0
Man, I hate it when I kill an hour on something and then feel silly. : ) Kristy, many thanks, you hit the nail on the head. My next project will be auto-date and auto-time stamp when one of the fields in the same row are modified. (just came up with that one now.) iggy, thank-you for the book recommendation. I think I'll spend a bit of time with macros.

many thanks once again,

Steve
one man-show, really creative, not technically capable enough to bring them all to fruition

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristineC

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back