Macro ran yesterday doesn't run today

Chris.DaRockman

I have a file, that has some sheets that are protected at times and are open at other times (depends on who needs to use them). In it, there are two macros used to make the reports contained in the file update show current activity. The file is one of thirty that are set up the same way. All of them ran fine yesterday, today one of them is not running the update macros. Nothing changed, the other 29 are running fine...so far.

I've read in other posts on this forum that there is a potential problem with protected/encrypted files and a registry fix to get around the problem. However, the registry fix leaves the machine vulnerable to viruses, something I could get fired for (don't want that).

Has anyone found what is causing the issue? And, more importantly, a way to fix it without resorting to registry changes?

Here's what I've got:

Excel 2007 with macros fully enabled in the trust center and the files stored in a trusted location.

My company does run an anti-virus program; however, only one file is affected. I can make the registry change if I absolutely have to, but I'm not going to do it without IT's blessing (fat chance of that happening).

In the Developer/VB add-in, I can see that the names of the macros have changed as they did here: http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=343191

I need a fix that works within the confines of normal MS Office structure, not registry fixes.

Can anyone help?

Thanks, Chris

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back