Macro Record MS Query - Redundant code?

bs0d

In Excel 2013, If I record a macro for an MS Query to an Access database, the corresponding VBA code appears to be redundant, showing the query syntax twice. ONe has a .CommandType = xlCmdSql, the other has a .CommandType = 0.

In any event, if you try to run the macro, it doesn't work. If you move the ODBC query block with .commandType = xlCmdSQL to the top, then I get an error: Type Mismatch in the SQL code. However, while recording the macro, it is a successful query.

Can someone show me an example Excel 2013 MS Query code for an MS Access Database as a guide, vs. the Excel macro recorder that doesn't seem to be working for me?

I

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.

bs0d

[SOLVED]

I got this to work by removing the Array() from my SQL query string. Excel added this through the macro recording.

bs0d

Also, Excel creates nearly a duplicate query string when you edit the properties after creating the query in MS query.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PGMouton

This Week's Hot Topics

• Timer in VBA - Stop, Start, Pause and Reset
    [CODE=vba][/CODE] Option Explicit Dim CmdStop As Boolean Dim Paused As Boolean Dim Start Dim TimerValue As Date Dim pausedTime As Date Sub...
  • how to updates multiple rows in muliselect listbox
    Hello everyone. I need help with below code. code is only chaning 1st row in mulitiselect list box. i know issue with code...
  • Delete Row from Table
    I am trying to delete a row from a table using VBA using a named range to find what I need to delete. My Range is finding the right cell. In the...
  • Assigning to a variable
    I have a for each block where I want to assign the value in column 5 of the found row to the variable Serv. [CODE=vba] For Each ws In...
  • Way to verify information
    Hi All, I don't know what to call this formula, and therefore can't search. I have a spreadsheet with information I want to reference...
  • Active Cell Address – Inactive Sheet
    How to use VBA to get the cell address of the active cell in an inactive worksheet and then place that cell address in a location on the current...