Macro Recording inside embedded Word Object?

rsexsmith

I am running Excel 2000 on Win2000. I have a very limited knowledge base in regards to VB, however what I'm attempting to do should be (I think) very simple.

We use a workbook to track student progress, and there is one sheet for each lessson. One half of the sheet uses a standard spreadsheet to track grades, and the other half of the sheet has an embedded word box we use to expand on the grades with comments. I am trying to record a macro which will copy the contents from the spreadsheet cell, and then paste it into the word box. As I record the macro, the recording stops as soon as I access the embedded word object, so opening the object and pasting is then absent in the macro.
I hope this makes sense and that someone can point me in the right direction.
Cheers.

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
Try using this code. I can't claim to know alot about it, but it seems to work alright for me:

GetObject(, "Word.Application").Selection = Range("A1")

Upvote 0
I have been able to get most of my macro to work for me. It's a very simple one - all I want to do is highlight a cell, copy 2 relative cells, then open the embedded word object and paste the copied cells.
I have been able to get to the point of opening the object, but I cannot figure out how to use the paste command in the macro.
My current macro is this:

With Selection.Interior
.ColorIndex = 8
.Pattern = xlSolid
End With
ActiveCell.Range("A1:B1").Select
ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Range("A1").Activate
Selection.Copy
ActiveSheet.Shapes("Object 8").Select
Selection.Verb Verb:=xlPrimary

At this point I'm sitting in the object ready to paste. I tried recording a macro inside the object and then pasting the contents of that macro into the excel macro, but all I get is an error message. I just can't control the word document from the excel macro.
If anyone could help me figure out how to do this, I'd really appreciate it.
Cheers.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SarahSomethingExcel100

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back