Macro recording is missing steps

Linda G

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Good afternoon!

Before I start, full disclosure, I am a total VBA/macro noob!

I have a spreadsheet containing several sheets. I cobbled together a VBA code I found on the internet, which is posted in the tab code, to change the tab colour depending on a value in a cell D1 of each sheet. The tab colours currently get updated by right clicking on the first tab name, view code, and then selecting "Run" and "Run sub/user form" from the menu in that window.

The spreadsheet is not going to be used by myself, so I want to make it as automatic as possible. I tried to make a macro to record all the updating steps, but I have found that nothing registers as soon as I right click the tab name..

Could someone kindly let me know what I have done wrong, or what I need to do to automate the process?

Very many thanks

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
Your code is probably in a regular module, what happens when you press Alt + F11

Upvote 0
Welcome to the MrExcel Message Board!

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: Macro recording is missing steps
If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the MrExcel Message Board!

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: Macro recording is missing steps
If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.
I apologise, I thought that rule meant other forums within this site.

I seem to have hit a problem with my other question posted this afternoon as I don't believe I can give the correct example file, hence why I went looking elsewhere

Upvote 0
It brings me up the code window
On the left hand side of the window look for your workbook name, do you see under it anything saying something like Module1? If you do double click it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
On the left hand side of the window look for your workbook name, do you see under it anything saying something like Module1? If you do double click it.
No I dont think so?

Screenshot vba screen.png

Upvote 0
You need to double click on Module1 and Module2 to see what (if anything) is in them. Those modules are where regular code is normally stored.

Upvote 0
You need to double click on Module1 and Module2 to see what (if anything) is in them. Those modules are where regular code is normally stored.
Module 2 has the following code. this looks similar to the macro that i tried to record? I'm a bit out of my depth here is I am honest! sorry...

Screenshot module 2 code.png

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back