Macro security frustrations!

Jackets82

Hi, I am incredibly new to programming in general, and especially to VBA. I'm having fun learning except for one really frustrating thing which I cannot seem to find a solution to anywhere.
I started a project yesterday, ran the macros happily with no issues, but today, (as has happened before but not everytime!) when I open the project and try and run a macro I get a message saying "Because of your security settings, macros have been disabled. To run macros, you need to reopen this workbook, and then choose to enable macros."
Now, I have done this. Lots. And it doesn't work. What am I doing wrong? I now have several projects which I can't run because of this. This seems like a stupidly simple problem to get around. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.
I have even added a signature, but that hasn't worked either.

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
Thanks, I had actually read that several times but have just realised that I still hadn't selected the correct setting. I'd misread the setting description. Thanks for helping, I'll try not to be so stupid in future.

Upvote 0
Thanks, I had actually read that several times but have just realised that I still hadn't selected the correct setting. I'd misread the setting description. Thanks for helping, I'll try not to be so stupid in future.

Glad you found the problem.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jocksteriom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back