Macro stopped working after enabling Excel Add Ins?

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.

Jonmo1

MrExcel MVP
Welcome to the board.

Off the top of my head...

1. Your macro has the same name as a macro/function in the Add-In
2. Your macro uses Public Variables that are also used by the Add-In

I'm sure there are lots of other causes.

Can you post your code, and Which Add-in are you referring to, one of your own (post it's code), or a public one like the Analysis Toolpack?

Krayziekitten

Forgive me if I stumble here a bit :) I'm not the one that builds the macro's. But I can follow directions like a champ!! The Excel Add-Ins that were enabled where: Analysis ToolPak, Analysis ToolPak VBA and Solver Add-in.

Here is the macro code -- it is simple stop and start buttons:

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0) = Time
End Sub

Private Sub CommandButton2_Click()
Cells(Rows.Count, 2).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0) = Time
End Sub

I wasn't sure if this has anything to do with the issues, so am including it:

'Entry point for RibbonX button click
Sub ShowATPDialog(control As IRibbonControl)
Application.Run ("fDialog")
End Sub

'Callback for RibbonX button label
Sub GetATPLabel(control As IRibbonControl, ByRef label)
label = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("RES").Range("A10").Value
End Sub

Any ideas and help would be great!
Thanks!
Kathy

Jonmo1

MrExcel MVP
ok, thanks.

And can you describe "Stop working" ?
What exactly happens?
Do you get an error? What error?
Does macro not do what you expect? What exactly DOES it do? What did you expect it to do?

Krayziekitten

We can see the button on the spreadsheet, but we are not able to click on the button. It is like it is there just as an image. There was no update to office made. The only thing that changed was the excel add-in. We have tried several spreadsheets with this timing macro on the computer and none of the spreadsheets work -- we are not able to click on the button. Now if I take that same excel onto another machine it works just fine.

Jonmo1

MrExcel MVP
There was no update to office made.
Sorry to be blunt, but how do you know the update wasn't installed? What steps did you take to check?

The only thing that changed was the excel add-in.
That could be purely coincidental.

It certainly won't hurt (and will be easy) to follow the suggested solution in that article I linked to.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wedloski

This Week's Hot Topics

• Copy entire row if CountA <>0 to another sheet
    [B]I want to copy entire row if CountA <>0 for column J7:AM7 (headers on J6:AM6) and so on till the last used cell is column D and paste the...
  • Select last used Row in Table
    I have created a Table in a Worksheet which is locked to prevent user errors and protect formula. Some of the cells require freetext entries which...
  • excel workbook: do not allow certain file name
    Hello all, Don't think this has ever been asked before, but how do I restrict file save [Before_Save Event] if the name of the file being saved...
  • fixing problem autofilter
    hello i need help about my code when i search by code in textbox it doesn't show anything this is my data [ATTACH type="full"...
  • “Weight”
    Hi, i’ve got a long sheet filled with weights such as kg,g,L & ml. i can build a formula to convert kg into g and liter into ml. How ever, my...
  • How to capitalize everything before a certain character?
    In column A, I have some text: Hello good day.mp3 Hello good day.flac etc. I'd like to capitalize everything before the period. I don't need the...