Macro - Task List (Process Check List)

enyche

I'm looking for a macro where I can setup a list of processes (steps to complete a task) with a check box to the left. When the check box is checked I would like for the description of the process to be have a line through it (strikethrough).

If the checkbox won't work...a simple "x" next to the process...to trigger the strikethrough would be ok. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
Hey enyche,

This may suit your needs.

When I was messing around with this I was using CheckBoxs from the Form Controls. Blanked out the default text and then assigned this a macro to each checkbox. The code below was for a check box positioned over cell G5 and will affect text in cell H5.

Code:
Sub Task_01()

T = True
    F = False

If Range("H5").Font.Strikethrough = F Then
        Range("H5").Font.Strikethrough = T
    ElseIf Range("H5").Font.Strikethrough = T Then
        Range("H5").Font.Strikethrough = F
    End If

End Sub

Because I don't know too much about VB script there is another concern you should think about. If a user was to manually strikethrough the contents of cell H5 then the checkbox will work in reverse of what you would expect. To prevent this I would suggest locking and protecting the cells that contain text you intend to strikethrough.

HTH,
J Ericson

There is another concern however, if a user manually changes the strikethrough setting in cell H5 via Format Cells or Ctl+5 the check box works in reverse to what's expected. To prevent this you could set all check boxes to clear, clear any strikethrough in your text and then lock and protect the text cells.

Upvote 0
Perfect...works great...Thanks

Just realized, if I have long list of process descriptions this would take a lot of time to setup...

How about a code for entering "x" (or any other value) in the cell next to the description of the process.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back