Macro that concatenates two cells, references a Date and then copy pastes value into first available row

banneduser123

Banned - Rules violations
Would love some help writing this macro
i've uploaded the file on dropbox with more explanations within the file if it helps make it clearer. (in yellow highlights & red text)
dropbox file

I have two sheets. One titled 'Money', the second titled 'Data'
In the 'Money' tab, there's a section which currently begins from row 41 where the macro would be populating the data it's pulling. For clarity's sake, i'll refer to this section as the Expense section.

Essentially, the macro is pulling data from the 'Data' tab based on certain criteria (the date). If the criteria is met, it will copy the data of its respective row from the 'Data' tab; will go to the 'Money' tab, look for the last row that contains data in the first portion of the Expense section, creates a new row and pastes values in this new row; making sure not to be pasting over any previous data

written out as steps:
if the concatenation of N & O of 'Data' sheet, viewed as Date format, matches the month of today's date; then copy and paste values of the concatenation into the first available row in column B of 'Money' sheet (beginning from B42 onwards)
then still referencing that same row in 'Data' sheet, copy columns P thru S and paste values into columns C thru F of 'Money' sheet in the same row that was previously referenced.
then still referencing that same row in 'Data' sheet, copy columns T and U and paste values into columns H & I of 'Money' sheet in the same row that was previously referenced.
then still referencing that same row in 'Data' sheet, copy column V and paste values into column G of 'Money' sheet in the same row that was previously referenced

i hope i explained that decently. please let me know if the Excel file isn't any clearer and i'll add more clarity.

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuddy_Duddy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back