Macro That Replaces Value With Column or Tab Name

bruntonomo

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a list of roughly 150 cameras that are spread out throughout several buildings. When I get a report with a selected camera name, I would like to associate that with the appropriate zone. I would think the best way to do this would be to develop a macro that can be run to change all the camera name values in a given column to the name of a column header or tab name with which they are grouped. Please see the attached image.

In this case, when the macro would be run, any entries in a column that say Front Door, Hallway 1, Hallway 2, Lunch Room, or Bathrooms would be converted to Building 1. Room 1, Room 2, and Room 3 would be changed to Building 2.

I could go through each day and manually change these entries to what I want them to be, but it would take a considerable amount of time.

Attachments

• Example.png
    Example.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 26
Actually I don't think that error will show a line.

Which worksheet did you put the code into and is there any other code in that worksheet?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Actually I don't think that error will show a line.

Which worksheet did you put the code into and is there any other code in that worksheet?
Yeah, there was no code line in the error message.

The problem was me. Sorry about that. I went in and changed the part in the first line (formula) where it says Report!I2 to E2 as that's what I needed to do with the formula you gave me yesterday. I know you pointed out changing the CameraNameColumn and ColumnToPutZoneNameInto, but I figured I needed to change the part in the formula too. So that's my bad. Sorry about that. The macro works wonderfully! Thank you so much for your help!

Upvote 0
Sorry, that I2 was a leftover from me testing your code with different columns for the output. The I2 should be F2. You changing that should not have affected the running of the code because it is in a portion that is commented out.

You shouldn't need to change any of the code except possibly the two lines that have arrows in the comments. I set it up that way to make it easier to change for you, rather than searching the rest of the code for all places that would need to be changed.

Glad you got it working for you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back