Macro to add information to a spreadsheet

slivsilva

I am in a bit over my head on this project. This may be a simple macro but but I just can't figure it out or if it possible.

Problem: I created a form (Dialog1) I can pull information from other worksheets, but I want to assign a macros something like this to put the data in another sheet upon sumbit.

Example, when I hit sumbit I would like Edit Box 10 to move to worksheet3, add a line find the cell and copy the information to (example to D3)the cell . Edit Box 11 to perform the same function but paste data into (example D4). Next time I want the record to go to E3, paste to E4, etc.

Can these forms be used for this purpose. Access is better for this but doesnt have the graphing capabilites Excel does.

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
You can do this.

Please be a bit more specific about where you would like to put the data. Next blank column? Is it always in rows 3 and 4?

Upvote 0
I believe it must be just a really straight forward macro in excel I just have never done. Seems basic. I need a macro that adds a line and pastes the data. Example Line 1 would have Date (cell A) Name (cell B) Descritpion (cell c) and soo on. I just dont know how to make a macro for the next entry to be line 2 (and enter that data) date (cell a) Name (cells) next one Line 3.. and soo on.

Upvote 0
To find the next unused cell:

NextRow = Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row + 1

Then:

Cells(NextRow,1) = EditBox10.Value
Cells(NextRow,2) = EditBox11.Value

etc

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back