Macro to autosort by cell color

AndyZ

Using Excel 2016

Hi,
I have a schedule for my staff that I color code so they know what areas they work each day. It also helps me keep track of full time, seasonal, interns, apprentice, lead and coordinator each day, as well as who is closing or leaving early. Work in one area, you are blue cell. Another is yellow. A third is green. I have some conditional formatting that changes cell color to no fill and text color if I add an :V, :O, :H, :S, :P, or :L to indicate vacation, sick, etc.

What I have: I have workbook with worksheets for each 2 week pay period, named MON ##- MON ##, so "Apr 22- May 5." In cell B9 to O25 (or sometimes 26-30s) on each worksheet are a list of names, sorted by columns for each day for two weeks. So B9:B25 has Sunday, C9:C25 has Monday, etc. Color green (R226,G239,B218) is on top, yellow next (R255,G230,B153), then blue (R217,G225,B242), then no fill. In addition, I have reg black font indicating normal day, bold font indicating closer, italicized indicating leaving early, underlined indicating lead, bold/ital to indicate late closer and a prefix or suffix for temp staff, such as S-Tom, A-Sarah, or Holly-C.
view

What I do now: sort with 4 levels, font color (auto), then cell color green, then yellow, then blue. My problem is I have to do it per column, I can't do it per sheet or workbook. If I add a new person, I have to resort each column for the entire year, day by day. Multiply this by new seasonals coming and going, people adding vacation, sick day, etc. and it is taking too much time.

What I need: For the cell colors to autosort in each column X9:X25 (or up to 30s) with green on top, then yellow, then blue, then no fill with a macro/VBL.

What I would be great (if I was greedy): To additionally sort in each color section based on font criteria:
1. italicized non-bold font on top
2. reg font
3. bold
4. bold italicized
5. Name-C
6. S-Name
7. I-Name
8. A-Name

For the no fill section, colored font top, reg font bottom.

I am a copy paste VBL editor, a novice, so step by step works better. Here is a photo https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_21eriu0RyNvUQuYiEMyinLLiO7aqIMY/view?usp=sharing, MAY 9 is my ideal sort. But if I can just do the colors, I would be happy. Thanks!

Andy

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back