Macro to Color Cells on Multiple Sheets

ttbuson

Board Regular
I have a workbook with some summary statistics on one sheet for a couple different sales regions. There are about seven other sheets with other data on them for the same regions. I want to keep formatting consistent across each of the sheets for each of the different regions.

I was hoping I could create a drop down list and choosing a different color in the list would apply the same text color formatting to each of the different sheets. Does anyone know a good way to go about doing this? Sorry if this question is too vague, please let me know if I should be more specific.

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
I have a workbook with some summary statistics on one sheet for a couple different sales regions. There are about seven other sheets with other data on them for the same regions. I want to keep formatting consistent across each of the sheets for each of the different regions.

I was hoping I could create a drop down list and choosing a different color in the list would apply the same text color formatting to each of the different sheets. Does anyone know a good way to go about doing this? Sorry if this question is too vague, please let me know if I should be more specific.

Have you looked at the Excel Conditional Format feature? In xl2007 it is on the Home ribbon menu about midway across. You can set the condition for a cell or a group of cells by selecting them and then putting the criteria in the dialogue box and the expected results. Very user friendly.

Upvote 0
Yes, I know what conditional formatting is. My issue is I have multiple graphs where the data labels should match the same formatting as on the summary statistics. As far as I know, conditional formatting can't be linked from one cell to a data label.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back