macro to convert image to shape to edit text inside it

MKLAQ

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi experts

I search for macro to convert the image to shape until I can edit some text inside the image .

actually I convert file from pdf to excel and when open the EXCEL file some objects shows as image I can't edit it

so when I select the object show shape name Group 3223 and inside him picture name Picture 29 .so is threre any macro deals with images by convert to shape to edit the text inside the picture?
thanks

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
Converting information in an image (like a .jpg) to text requires an external application like OCR software. There are no features in VBA that can do this.

Can you show an example of the kind of image you are talking about?

Upvote 0
as you know the shape can edit . there is no way to convert image JPG to shape by vba instead of external application like OCR software as you said ? I no know what you want as example to show what I ask for it. do you mean to see picture?

Upvote 0
I think that would be helpful, please. My immediate question when I read your explanation was - what kind of shape is it? One that can be easily drawn from the Excel shapes gallery?

Upvote 0
You said you want to convert an image to a shape with text.

Please show us an example of the kind of image you want to convert.

Upvote 0
what kind of shape is it? One that can be easily drawn from the Excel shapes gallery?
is there many types shapes?
I'm talking about oval or Rectangle .

Upvote 0
You said you want to convert an image to a shape with text.
yes
Please show us an example of the kind of image you want to convert.
ok but what do you want to know about the picture? if it's type is jpg and rarely png and if you want to see the picture it's easy to attach picture as example.

Upvote 0
ok but what do you want to know about the picture? if it's type is jpg and rarely png and if you want to see the picture it's easy to attach picture as example.
What I want to know about the picture is what it looks like. If it's easy to attach it, then just attach it. This is the third time I have requested this.

Upvote 0
Well there are this many in the gallery...
1661440330779.png

As we have both already explained and asked a few times for an example to wrap our heads our heads around (because it's really not easy to fully grasp what you're trying to do...), the more info you can give, the more likely we might be able to come up with a helpful solution. But if you can't, that's fine. Here's the solution: use the macro recorder. It might be able to generate the VBA code for you. Just set it to record, undertake the task manually, stop it, clean the code, and see how that goes.

Upvote 0
undertake the task manually, stop it, clean the code, and see how that goes.
There is no way to manually convert text in an image to actual text except by reading it then typing it in. That won't work for a macro. Unless there is something I am missing (which is why I want to see an example), the only way to do this is with an API to OCR software.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slaytonpa

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back