Macro to Copy Data From 4 Main tabs to a Master tab

shauste

My Excel workbook has 4 main tabs, AM – Asset Mgmt, MM – Materials Mgmt, WM – Work Mgmt, and Add’l Req. Each tab has a header (Row 1) that is formatted the same across each sheet except for color. Each column is formatted with the same width across each sheet. Column C on each sheet is labelled with a Requirement ID that would start with RFP-AM-xxx on the AM – Asset Mgmt tab, RFP-MM-xxx on the MM – Materials Mgmt tab, RFP-WM-xxx on the WM – Work Mgmt tab and a combination of REQ-AM-xxx, REQ-MM-xxx, and REQ-WM-xxx on the Add’l Req tab.

I need a macro that will copy every populated row except Row 1 from each sheet to a tab called Master Req, sorted A – Z. Whenever the macro is executed again, the Master Req sheet must clear and repopulate with updated data from the 4 main tabs.

The first column with constant data is Column C 'Requirement ID'. Columns A or B may or may not have data. Column C will always have in the last used row on each sheet.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
How about
Code:
Sub CopyShts()
   Dim Ws As Worksheet, Mws As Worksheet

Set Mws = Sheets("Master Req")
   Mws.UsedRange.Offset(1).ClearContents
   For Each Ws In Sheets(Array("AM – Asset Mgmt", "MM – Materials Mgmt", "WM – Work Mgmt", "Add’l Req"))
      Ws.Range("C1").CurrentRegion.EntireRow.Copy Mws.Range("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1, -2)
   Next Ws
   Mws.UsedRange.Sort key1:=Mws.Range("C1"), order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlYes
End Sub

Upvote 0
All data appears to have come over to the Master Req sheet but the formatting is all fouled up. Column widths are very narrow.

Upvote 0
The format of the Master sheet should not have changed.
That said I noticed that there was a bit missing from the code
Code:
      Ws.Range("C1").CurrentRegion[COLOR=#ff0000].Offset(1)[/COLOR].EntireRow.Copy Mws.Range("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1, -2)
Otherwise it will copy the headers for each sheet.

Upvote 0
The formatting is still fouled up. Is there no way to copy over the header just once in Row 1 of the Master Req and have all remaining data fall below?

Here is the current code.

Sub CopyShts()
Dim Ws As Worksheet, Mws As Worksheet

Set Mws = Sheets("Master Req")
Mws.UsedRange.Offset(1).ClearContents
For Each Ws In Sheets(Array("AM Asset Mgmt", "MM Materials Mgmt", "WM Work Mgmt", "Additional Req"))
Ws.Range("C1").CurrentRegion.Offset(1).EntireRow.Copy Mws.Range("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1, -2)
Next Ws
Mws.UsedRange.Sort key1:=Mws.Range("C1"), order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlYes
End Sub

<colgroup><col span="2"><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Upvote 0
If you format the column widths on the Master sheet, then they should remain like that.
Also the code does not clear the header from row 1 of the master, so there is no need to copy it over again.

Upvote 0
Glad to help & thanks for the feedback

Upvote 0
Another question. I have an embedded object (txt file) on a Row in a sheet. When I run the Macro, the embedded object does not stay connected to the proper row. Is there anyway to fix this?

Upvote 0
Disregard, I figured out how to fix it.

I right clicked on the object > selected Format Object > selected Properties tab > then selected Move and size with cells.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaliya13

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back