Macro To Copy from Excel and Paste into Outlook

dwc142

Is it possible to create a Macro that will copy certain things from an Excel workbook, and paste them as Pictures into a new outlook E-mail? I know it's a stretch but I was just curious if it is possible to create such a macro that goes between both applications. Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Dave

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
Just to expand on that a little.:)

You would need to either early bind or late bind to the outlook object. You could than create a new email, and copy the information from excel into the outlook message. The only problem I could see, is that if you try and send the mail, you are going to fall prey to Outlooks security restrictions, and be prompted with the "outside program trying to access email" message.

HTH
Cal

Upvote 0
Just to expand on that a little.:)

You would need to either early bind or late bind to the outlook object. You could than create a new email, and copy the information from excel into the outlook message. The only problem I could see, is that if you try and send the mail, you are going to fall prey to Outlooks security restrictions, and be prompted with the "outside program trying to access email" message.

HTH
Cal

Those Outlook security Restrictions may be the end to this idea...:mad:...My company has me beyond LOCKED down!

But if I could get passed that, how do you go about binding the outlook object?

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Dave

Upvote 0
That's where it becomes a little gray...The security options are in Outlook, so you will hit them. There is a custom library that goes around these called "Redemption", but I was never able to get it to work for me correctly. Once you get into custom libraries, you are talking fairly advanced stuff. As far as binding to outlook, you will need to do this.
1. Open the vbe editor by press Alt-F11.
2. Select Tools...References from the menu.
3. Find Microsoft Outlook ##.# Object Library, and check it. (this is late binding)

You will need to do a little research on the MSDN web site to find out how to use this library as well.

HTH
Cal

PS-Another Option is using SMTP mail, but you will need an SMTP server to use this option. Which IT is most likely not going to give you:)

Upvote 0
PS-Another Option is using SMTP mail, but you will need an SMTP server to use this option. Which IT is most likely not going to give you:)

Hehe...Yea, I've already been denied that access a couple of times! :LOL:

I even got in once and then all hell broke loose! :p

Thanks for all your help!

Best Regards,
Dave

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back