Macro to copy range to new sheet everytime when the word "match" is found

walkster220

hi guys need a little help, i have a column (Column D) with a long list of rows containing the word "Match".

i need all instances of "match" with a specific range copied to new worksheet

example "Match" column d row 2 (d:2) I need E2:G9 copied to a new sheet along with every row that contain "Match" in the d column can anyone help?

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
hi guys need a little help, i have a column (Column D) with a long list of rows containing the word "Match".

i need all instances of "match" with a specific range copied to new worksheet

example "Match" column d row 2 (d:2) I need E2:G9 copied to a new sheet along with every row that contain "Match" in the d column can anyone help?

Why do you need the other 6 rows copied? Will you need blocks of 7 rows for column E:G copied for each match? Please clarify your requirements. Take a little more time and space so you can be clear about what you expect as a result. Also, do you want each block on a different new sheet, or all matches to a single new sheet?

Upvote 0
iejic5.jpg

Upvote 0
Post #3 does not answer questions. We need to understand the logic that is used to determine what will be copied when a match is found in column D. Your illstration does not answer.

Upvote 0
the match is the actual word "match" in column d . so when "match" is located in column D i need E,F,G of the same row with a range of 8 rows down so a total of 24 squares ... example the word "Match" is located on D2 i need E2:G8 copied to a new worksheet and this would apply to every other "Match" located in column D

Upvote 0
the match is the actual word "match" in column d . so when "match" is located in column D i need E,F,G of the same row with a range of 8 rows down so a total of 24 squares ... example the word "Match" is located on D2 i need E2:G8 copied to a new worksheet and this would apply to every other "Match" located in column D
That is what I needed to know.

Code:
Sub copyStuff()
Dim sh1 As Worksheet, sh2 As Worksheet, c As Range
Set sh1 = Sheets(1) 'Edit sheet name
Set sh2 = Sheets(2) 'Edit sheet name
    For Each c In sh1.Range("D2", sh1.Cells(Rows.Count, 4).End(xlUp))
        If LCase(c) = "match" Then
            c.Offset(, 1).Resize(8, 3).Copy sh2.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp)(2)
        End If
    Next
End Sub

Upvote 0
the macro did something but not what i had in mind .. wherever "match" is located in column i need the 24 rows of E,F,G copied to a new sheet in my work book, these are patterns that i need to log so i need them separated by 1 or 2 rows in the new worksheet like this so i can read them like this

if match is found i need this copied to new worksheet
iejic5.jpg

Upvote 0
It is helpful to have all the details included in the original post. See if this does what you want.
Code:
Sub copyStuff()
Dim sh1 As Worksheet, sh2 As Worksheet, c As Range
Set sh1 = Sheets(1) 'Edit sheet name
Set sh2 = Sheets(2) 'Edit sheet name
    For Each c In sh1.Range("D2", sh1.Cells(Rows.Count, 4).End(xlUp))
        If LCase(c) = "match" Then
            If Application.CountA(sh2.Range("A2").Resize(1, 3)) = 0 Then
                c.Offset(, 1).Resize(8, 3).Copy sh2.Range("A2")
            Else
                c.Offset(, 1).Resize(8, 3).Copy sh2.Cells(2, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Offset(, 3)
            End If
        End If
    Next
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back