Macro to delete workbook.

Firecop1348

Board Regular
I have spent HOURS putting together a workbook for my job. I have found out that my direct supervisor has been stealing MY work from my workbook and is taking credit for all the work done so far. I even found a macro in my workbook that auto updates to his excel. I want to add a hidden button in the workbook with a DELETE WORKBOOK macro so when the A$$ takes all the credit I can do what needs to be done. I am new to Excel and have worked long and hard on this even reading Excel books to get this done.
Thanks.

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
This isn't an Excel issue, it's a work issue.

If this is happening you need to sort it out with your bosses.

I'm not even quite sure what you mean by a 'hidden' button.:)

There are ways to delete files using code and if you search, even just the Help files, you'll find them.

Upvote 0
hidden meaning inserting a button as far from the main data as I can like thousands of cells below the main page.

Upvote 0
Look if this person is savvy enough to somehow set up code in your workboook to update their workbook I think they might be able to find a button.

I really think this is something you should raise with management.

I'm pretty sure stealing or taking credit for someone else's work isn't exactly kosher.:)

Upvote 0
Welcome to the Board!

I'm with Norie on this one. Unfortunately, Excel isn't a secure environment and if someone really wants to get at your data they can. And if your supervisor is stealing your work, it's an issue you want to address immediately as opposed to trying to outfox him, because it could seriously backfire on you.

You can save the workbook so that a password is required to open/modify it. It's a deterrent, but not foolproof.

Care to post the code you found?

Upvote 0
Ill get the code and post it. Its nothing that I put in my workbook. I did talk to who I needed to about the stealing and password protected everything including macro's, read only and to open. Thanks

Upvote 0
I don't think you understand - this has nothing to do with the code, it sounds to me like a disciplinary matter.:)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAMES KECULAH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back