Macro to hide a range of rows based off of information in specified cells

Saarek

Hello all, I could use some of the experience in this forum to assist me with a problem. I'll try to explain without too much fluff, forgive me if I go into too much/not enough detail.

I have a rather large spreadsheet with a lot of data. Usually I'd have this sheet in pivot format, but due to the data coming from multiple sources etc it's in a spreadsheet format.

Currently the report details a list of sales data for clients of ours, each company is listed on a row and has three cells (always in column F-H) that holds the sales numbers in figures dependant on the product.

I have been asked to build in a branch view for each company on the same sheet.

So, if the company Robinson's is on Row 1, their six branches reflect underneath on Row's 2-7.

By assigning a Macro to a cell (simple recorded macro for each company) I have set the report so that if someone clicks on the company name the rows for the branches of that company are unhidden.

So far so good, this is where I get a bit stuck.

There are 432 branches in total, some companies have as many as 21 branches and usually only a few branches actually show any sales data.

So, what I want is for the macro to only unhide the specified rows if a positive financial value in one or all of the three cells is present.

** Update**

Am using this method to assign the macro to a cell: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-in-cell/7ee98445-1586-4cd0-acf8-9381781a4905

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drewmorgan128

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back