Macro to post data to next line.

caprioftoday2000

Hi,

I am in a process of creating a excel based productivity for my team. This workbook has 2 worksheet, one is QA productivity tracker which is accessible to all, after the information is filled i want to store it daywise in a master tracker (next worksheet).

i have created a macro which copies the information to master sheet, but the challenge i am facing is that at every execution, macro should paste the data in next row.

Can someone pls help me with the logic.

Thnx.

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
Hi,

I am in a process of creating a excel based productivity for my team. This workbook has 2 worksheet, one is QA productivity tracker which is accessible to all, after the information is filled i want to store it daywise in a master tracker (next worksheet).

i have created a macro which copies the information to master sheet, but the challenge i am facing is that at every execution, macro should paste the data in next row.

Thnx.

Assuming that you just have a list of data starting at the top and moving down one row each time, with no rows below the last line of data, you can use something like:

Code:
Range("A65535").End(xlUp).Row

That will tell you the row of the last entry in the master file (looking up from the last row in Excel 2003), and then you can adjust your paste macro accordingly.

Upvote 0
Hi,

Thnx.

Is the row that this is being copied to always blank?

If it is you can do a loop if then statement:

Code:
Range("A1").Select

'This will find the next blank cell and assumes that the information copied over does not have any empty rows

Do Until ActiveCell.Value = ""

ActiveCell.Offset(1,0)

Loop

'Paste copied information

ActiveSheet.Paste

Someone with more knowledge will probably have a better way to do this, but its a start :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back