Macro to run Macros

Blazerguy64

Hi all, I am new to the world of Excel Macros. I have a slight knowledge of VB Code but it would seem not enough to do what I want to do. I have a Calendar set up in Excel that has a single sheet with a Year at a Glance and then 1 sheet for each of the 12 months. On each of the 12 Months there is a cell for each of 5 people on each day of the month. the cells will be color coded each day, depending on what the person is doing. What I need to accomplish is to have the Color Coding transfer from the Monthly Calendar to the corresponding day on the Year at a Glance Sheet. I have created a macro to go back and forth from 1 sheet to the other copying and pasting the color format. I did this because I could not figure out how to Color both cells at the same time. The macro takes a long time to run and I am afraid that it may cause seizures from all the Blinking. Lastly, I have tried using the call procedure to run 2 or more macros in succession by pressing a button on the spreadsheet, but when the button is pressed, the call procedure gives an error.

Any help at all would be much appreciated by this Newbie!

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
Welcome to the board.

For the "...afraid that it may cause seizures from all the blinking" comment, put application.screenupdating = false at the top of your code.

For your other concerns, please post your code.

Upvote 0
Thanks Oaktree;

That one piece of info has made the macro much nicer already and I have figured out how to run the macro now from the command button. Only question I really have now is... Is there a way to set up something so that if for example I make the Background Color of cell "B5" on Sheet2 "RED" it will also make cell "C10" on Sheet1 the same color at the same time?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andreguerra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back