Macro to Search multiple websites and return data

bavmw0923

Hi all,

I am new to the forum so please stay with me on this one. I may just need to be pointed to another thread that has addressed this issue already.

I would like to develop a Macro that does the following:

1. Collects person's name and address in a form field in Excel, then uses the address to search up to 9 different websites that I can specify.
    1. Some sites require a username and login to access
  2. Then return specific data from those websites and paste the data into an Excel worksheet. Data to be returned would be info such as:
    1. Home's prior sales history
    2. Current estimated market value
    3. Current legal owner
    4. Current Flood zone
Are you aware of any sample code that I can look at to get me started?

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
I basically want to automate the process of collecting data (name and address) 1 time, then use that data to search multiple sites and retrieve information back to excel. I want the ability to change the data which is why I will need to prompt the user to complete a small form to collect name and address.

Upvote 0
to search up to 9 different websites that I can specify.

I don't think peoples login name & address are generally available on websites. Also, if there are only 9 websites, it would be quicker to do it manually.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There is code out there, and there's even commercial packages that will help you do that sort of thing.

Somebody might be able to help here but you would at least need to post some sample datas and URLs.

Also it's unlikely that the 9 websites you want to get data from are structured the same.

So you would likely need different (but similar, if that makes sense) code for each URL/website/webpage.

Upvote 0
Yes, what I'm looking for is to enter data and use that data to use MY login credentials to access 9 or more websites (some are not password protected) to retrieve different information on each site. Then, return some of the data from those websites.

I appreciate the feedback. At this point I am really searching for samples of code to evaluate.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ksjohnson1970

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back