Macro to set print area

bmt216a

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello everyone, I want to create a macro that will set the print area when the rows filled with data are always changing. Eg. One day data may fill 20 rows, another day may fill 90 rows. I need to set print area from columns A-D down to an undetermined row that is always changing based on how much data I have that day. The first row to print will always be 1 and the last row will be the one with data. Thank you for you help.

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
Use this:

VBA Code:
Sub SetPrintArea()
  Dim lr As Long
  lr = Range("A:D").Find("*", , xlValues, xlPart, xlByRows, xlPrevious).Row
  ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "$A$1:$D$" & lr
End Sub

Upvote 0
Use this:

VBA Code:
Sub SetPrintArea()
  Dim lr As Long
End Sub
Thank you, I've just tried it and it doesn't seem to be doing what I want. I have attached a screenshot of the print preview here to show you what I mean. I don't want any additional rows printed after the "CC" row as that is where the data stops, but it is still showing those rows to be printed. I want the macro to dynamically adjust the print area based on where the last row with data is located and not print anything else after.

Attachments

• Screenshot (154).png
    Screenshot (154).png
    64.3 KB · Views: 10
Upvote 0
I've just tried it and it doesn't seem to be doing what I want.

That line tests for the last cell with data in columns A, B, C, and D. That was your original request:
I need to set print area from columns A-D

In your image the columns are not visible, but I assume that the first column is column A, so you must adjust the line that evaluates the last cell with data to this:

VBA Code:
Sub SetPrintArea()
  Dim lr As Long
  lr = Range("B:C").Find("*", , xlValues, xlPart, xlByRows, xlPrevious).Row
End Sub

I am only evaluating columns B and C, because in your image I can see that in column D you have zeros, those cells are not empty.

Upvote 0
Solution
That line tests for the last cell with data in columns A, B, C, and D. That was your original request:

In your image the columns are not visible, but I assume that the first column is column A, so you must adjust the line that evaluates the last cell with data to this:

VBA Code:
Sub SetPrintArea()
  Dim lr As Long
  lr = Range("B:C").Find("*", , xlValues, xlPart, xlByRows, xlPrevious).Row
End Sub

I am only evaluating columns B and C, because in your image I can see that in column D you have zeros, those cells are not empty.
I should have been more clear. You are correct columns B and C are being evaluated. As for column D, there is a simple formula in every other cell that calculates the difference between two values in column B. Your code did the trick. Thank you so much for your help. If you don't mind, could you explain a little about how you got to this solution? Thank you

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max_pedreira

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back