Macro transform all notes into comments

ViroMajor

Hi all,

Excel 365 here. The newer Excel version changed the old “comments” as “notes” (renamed this way), and added a new feature under the mention “comments”, which works like a thread with possible replies, where on top of input text, the autor is mentionned with a timestamp.

I’d like to know if you got a macro that would transform all the new comments into notes (old comments) format, on the whole spreadsheet or active sheet in one go.

The new comments show this format more or less :
author
text
timestamp

I’d like it changed to notes (old comments), just keeping the text part, but getting rid of the author and timestamp

Thanks for your time ! Have a nice day

EDIT:
Also posted https://www.excelforum.com/excel-programming-vba-macros/1275714-macro-transform-all-notes-into-comments.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amrita34

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• Problem with Radio Button's format control
    I am creating an employee evaluation template (a sample is below) Column A is the category Column B, C D, E and F will be ratings (unacceptable...
  • Last Display on userform to a Listbox
    [CODE=vba] lstdisplay.ColumnCount = 15 lstdisplay.RowSource = "A1:O600000" [/CODE] So when i do this it Displays everything on the sheet i am...
  • Rename and move files to a new location
    Dear all, I have an excel file with the following information. The actual file name is at column A but i want to rename it using the following...
  • Help with True/False Formula
    Hello! Am stumped how to fix this formula, in which my result returns 'True', but it should return False. =IF(AG2=True...
  • Clear extra characters from a provided range of cells
    Dear All, I have following code which gives me desired output to remove extra characters from a provided range. But it takes too much time when...
  • Help with Current and highest streaks
    Hi there, I've just joined the forum and this is my first post. I've already spent quite a bit of time searching the net and this forum for a...