Macro VBA Code to delete totals rows

jakejvj

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi! I'm doing a similar project to this prior thread but can't seem to get this to work. Essentially I have raw reporting data that populates with Subtotals/Totals for distinct categories that I need to filter out and delete. All these totals live in column A for all the reports. All I want to do is make a Macro that finds any rows in column A with "totals" in the text and delete the entire row so that I can easily copy and paste into existing docs. Could you help me with this? Much appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
Welcome to the MrExcel board!

I have moved your question to its own thread & added link to the old one - less responses in this thread usually means more helpers looking at it.

Could we have a small set of dummy sample data and the expected results?

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alex78

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back