Macro while runing - Require one form initilization

harinsh

Hi Team,

I am using one macro in order to format the huge data and approx. it would take 2 to 3 min to complete the task.

While running this macro there will be more then 10 different sheets will open and close because it takes data from different sheets.

I can use Application.ScreenUpdating = False in order to hide this but along with this user should get initialization tab (we can see while installing any application)

Can you let me know if it is possible. If yes please help me with codes so, that I can create rest of form if required.

Thanks,
Harinsh

Michael Simpson

Board Regular
I can use Application.ScreenUpdating = False in order to hide this but along with this user should get initialization tab (we can see while installing any application)
What do you mean - something to "tell" them what's happening ? How about updating the status bar (as long as they know they need to look there, that should be enough).

Another "trick" I've used is to create a progress bar userform (which I found by googling).

(Without a doubt, the status bar solution is easier)

harinsh

Thanks Michael for your suggestion.

My concern is to make my automation tool most easier to access and user do not want to see the execution part.

I felt if we could install installation tab that would be good idea to make tool as like software.

Thanks.

Michael Simpson

Board Regular
Just so we're on the same page....

Are you atlking about some sort of program or s/w that you've written that installs your software, or are you talking about a macro the user runs that takes a long time to run through (because of the quantity of data) ?

harinsh

Yes, Michael...What I mean to say my macro would take time to complete the task it depends upon the data approximately 2 min to 5 min.

This is normal macro only it is not a software and I just need to insert a form wherein if user runs the macro then that particular form should get load and to show the % of completion status till the macro ends.

Thanks,

Michael Simpson

Board Regular

harinsh

Many thanks for your links Michael..

Now, I have created status bar with help of your links, absolutely it is working fine.

Have a great day :)

Thanks,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ELMST616

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics