Macro will not record Ctrl+F

gazzaplus

Using the macro record button on a sheet with data I wanted to find text in the multiple rows, first start the macro recorder ctrl+f enter the text, find all and then do a ctrl+a in the find window and all the rows with that text is selected, I then close the find dialogue box [doesn't make a difference if I close the find box] and under the home tab for cells I click the delete down arrow then click delete sheet rows, the rows are deleted I hit ctrl+home and Stop the macro recorder and using Alt F11 open the newly created macro module and there is no ctrl F recorded.
What am I doing wrong??
gazza

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
You're not doing anything wrong.
It's just that VBA doesn't support "Find All". One option is to use find next as shown in the link supplied by jorismoerings

Upvote 0
I ran the macro and it finds the cell cat, what I want is what I have described above. Find every cell with cat,dog,bird,horse then select the rows and delete them. When I use the macro recorder and perform the find, ctrl+a then delete cells by rows it works, the only problem as you have described is that it is not recorded. I have around 3473 rows to clean up.
So I need a macro.

Upvote 0
Have you tried modifying the code from the link in post#2?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennimack

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back