Macroactivated spreadsheet only opens as write-protected on hospital computers

perola.rike

Board Regular
Our hospital use a .xlsm WB that most of the time only opens as write-protected on the hosputal computers. I cannot figure out how to solve this. Some facts about the sheet and the troubleshooting I've done (other macroactivated WB opens properly - so there must be something wrong with this particular WB(?)):

WB-Facts:
- The WB contains a lot of formulas, functions, userforms and a lot of vba code
- The WB are restricted to the hospital domains with workbook_open code like this:
If Environ("USERDOMAIN") <> "HOSPITALS_DOMAIN" Then Call ThisWorkbook.Close(SaveChanges:=False)
- The problem seems to vary to some extent between different computers, but no systematic difference have been detected (old vs new computers, laptop vs stationary desktop computers)
- The computers run Win7 and the users have no administrator permissions (hospital security restrictions), cannot install anything on the computers
- It runs Excel 2007
- Other hospitals do not have the same issue.

Troubleshooting:
- Other .xlsm WBs opens properly, even those restricted with workbook_open code (see code above)
- The .xlsm sheet opens as write-protected both when opened from a server and local destinations (c:, desktop etc) - so this might not be the issue
- I have unhooked all possible macro security options in e.g. excel security Trustcenter (I think)
- The problem persists even when the Workbook_open code is removed
- The write-protection issue might dissapear for some time, then suddenly it returns and persists for a while, then it opens properly again - have found no systematic pattern here
- There are no simultaneously users

Any suggestions to solve this frustating issue are very appreciated!
I'll gladely provide more detailed information if needed.

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
Thanks for the tip. I'm quite sure I've checked also these File Block settings, at least at one desktop computer with no luck, but I'll definitely have another look at work tomorrow.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spamiki

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back