macros and pivot tables and printing

jjnick

i'm currently working on a project that involves a pivot table. I need to print out individual reports for each of our employees. The employee name is an option on one of the drop down menus. I began to create a macro that would print everyone in the drop down menu by copying the line of code and changing the name in VBA. My problem is, there is a lot of turn around at this company and the employee names will be changing frequently. Is there a way to record a macro to print each employee's report and have it change according to the names that appear in the drop down menu? (The drop down menu seems to change as the employees do) I can print out each individual record, but it would be a major waste of time! Please help!

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
i think that was close

I tried using that code and it didn't seem to work. I am very new with VBA and just trying to figure things out on my own. Perhaps I should try to explain what I have a little bit better to see if that can help anyone help me.

In the upper portion of the PivotTable I have a field called "Employee Name" It lists all the employees in the company. The lower part of the PivotTable on the left hand side (row side) has a drop down menu to select the week, there is also a drop down menu to select the date. The date row I would like to remain the same, show all the dates and specify by week with the week row. My goal is to be able to print out the weekly report for each individual employee. So I need a macro that keeps the week the same as what I set it to and print out the individual weekly reports for all the employees. I have named the pivot table "Weekly Shop Report" I don't know if that is helpful, but if more information is needed please let me know. I would really like to figure this out so please help. SydneyGeek, thanks for the help before. Maybe thats the answer and I just don't know how to manipulate it to my table.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back