Macros and sharepoint

ImogenRClark

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi everyone,

I know Microsoft recently changed their rules about using macros on files on sharepoint, has anyone managed to get around it? I've tried adding it as a trusted site but it still doesn't allow it.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
I used Microsoft's "Trusted Documents" feature not trusted site. With this feature, you can mark a file as a trusted document, which will allow macros to run on that file even if it is stored in SharePoint or OneDrive. To do this, you need to open the file in Excel, go to the "File" menu, select "Options", and then select "Trust Center". From there, you can add the file to the list of trusted documents.

You can also try to use the "Trusted Locations" feature, which allows you to specify a location (such as a folder or network share) where macros are always enabled. To do this, you need to open the "Trust Center" settings in Excel, and then go to the "Trusted Locations" tab. From there, you can add the location where the file is stored to the list of trusted locations.

I'm not sure if you meant this by "trusted site" or the fact you have enabled the webpage as a trusted site which is different to the above.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattDRT

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back